This natural eye look will only work if it is done properly. Your number one asset in a natural makeup look is the healthy and glow of your skin. Think of prepping your skin and face as perfecting a canvas for your eyes to pop in the most natural way. Before you even think about applying eye shadow, make sure your face is blended and ready to go. Follow these skin perfecting steps:
- Moisturizer: make sure your face is clean and exfoliated and then apply your daily moisturizer. Wait 15 minutes so that it has time to really set in; which will allow the steps to follow to adhere better to your skin. Apply all over your face.
- Primer: this is key to event worthy makeup. Primer fills in all your pores and imperfections so that your foundation really glides over and stays on longer. Bare Minerals makes amazing primer in the original, lightweight clear gel, tinted shades to match your skin tone, oil reducing or brightening formulas, and even redness reducing products. Apply all over your face.
- Concealer: choose a concealer that is 1-2 shades lighter than your skin shade. Conservatively dab your concealer under your eye and anywhere you have a blemish. Use a concealer brush to pat your skin and delicately blend.
- Foundation: since you will already have 3 layers of product on your skin by this point, you will need less foundation that you normally use. Whether you use a loose power or liquid foundation, use about half as much as you normally would and blend into your neck.
- Blush: choose a light pink or peach shade and apply a small splash onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Setting Powder: use a translucent pressed powder to swipe all over your face. This will set your makeup and reduct oil and shine.
- Highlight & Bronzer: highlight those cheekbones and blend that bronzer all the way down to your neck.